This comprehensive topographical route map makes it easy to find new ski lines in the Tahoe backcountry. Covering the area from Rubicon Peak down to Ralston Peak from North to South, and from Mt. Price to Flagpole Peak from East to West (see below above for a zoomable map with the full area of coverage), it includes some of the raddest descents around.
Includes ski routes on:
- Mt. Tallac
- Jake’s Peak
- Pyramid Peak
- Dick’s Peak
- Echo Peak
- Angora Peak
- and many more!
Route information, including suggested approaches and descents, is marked on a large scale 1:25,000 map to get you home safely. The map is accompanied on the back by a self-contained field-guide which shows photos and gives detailed descriptions of some of the most worthy descents – the perfect way to get in the know about backcountry skiing in Tahoe.
Descents of all varieties – from killer couloirs to wide open glades – are all covered, so there is something for everyone from the hardened veteran to the beginner tourer.
- 70+ descents ranging from classics to rarely-skied lines
- Suggested ascent routes to get you up the hill as efficiently as possible
- Field-guide to the best descents complete with color photos
- Waterproof, tear-resistant so you never have to worry about damaging your map
- Fits in your pocket – the map folds down to 4.25″ x 9″ (21.25″ x 27″ when open)
- Highly detailed with 40ft contour lines
- Easily readable with a 1:25,000 scale
** Please note that digital maps do NOT include the color photos or route descriptions included in the paper maps. You’ll need to download the Avenza app to use the digital versions of our Backcountry Ski Maps – they are not viewable on a PC or elsewhere outside of the Avenza app. **
Area of Coverage