If you want to make the most of a backcountry ski trip to Tahoe, this map will be your ultimate information source. The areas covered in the map include the Mount Rose Wilderness and the areas around Truckee from Castle Peak all the way down to the northern border of Squaw Valley (see zoomable map below for full area of coverage).
Route information, including suggested approaches and descents, is marked on a large scale 1:25,000 map, so it’s easy to stay on track. Like all Backcountry Ski Maps, the Lake Tahoe: North map is accompanied by a self-contained field-guide containing detailed descriptions and photos of some of the most worthy descents – so you can spend less time looking up information and more time skiing!
Descents of all varieties – from killer couloirs to wide open bowls to perfectly spaced glades – are all covered, so you can find your perfect line whether this is your first or your thousandth day in the Tahoe backcountry.
- More than 100 descents ranging from classics to rarely-skied lines
- Suggested ascent routes to get you up the hill as efficiently as possible
- Field-guide to the best descents complete with color photos
- Waterproof, tear-resistant so you never have to worry about damaging your map
- Fits in your pocket – the map folds down to 4.25″ x 9″
- Highly detailed with 40ft contour lines
- Easily readable with a 1:25,000 scale
** Please note that digital maps do NOT include the color photos or route descriptions included in the paper maps. You’ll need to download the Avenza app to use the digital versions of our Backcountry Ski Maps – they are not viewable on a PC or elsewhere outside of the Avenza app. **