This easy-to-use map covers the Carson Pass area just South of Lake Tahoe, from Powderhouse Peak down to Round Top and Deadwood Peak, including the lift-accessed backcountry around Kirkwood (see below for a zoomable map with the full area of coverage).
Includes ski routes on:
- Round Top
- Powderhouse Peak
- Waterhouse Peak
- Melissa Coray Peak
- Fourth of July Peak
- Steven’s Peak
- Deadwood Peak
- and many more!
Route information, including suggested approaches and descents, is marked on a large scale 1:25,000 map, to help you make the most out of every day in the Carson Pass backcountry. The map is accompanied on the back by a self-contained field-guide which shows photos and gives detailed descriptions of some of the most worthy descents, making it easy to find the best trips for any conditions.
Descents of all varieties – from killer couloirs to wide open glades – are all covered, so that you can find the run that’s right for you, whether you’re a a hardened veteran or a beginner tourer.
- 90+ descents ranging from classics to rarely-skied lines
- Suggested ascent routes to get you up the hill as efficiently as possible
- Field-guide to the best descents complete with color photos
- Waterproof, tear-resistant so you never have to worry about damaging your map
- Fits in your pocket – the map folds down to 4.25″ x 9″
- Highly detailed with 40ft contour lines
- Easily readable with a 1:25,000 scale
** Please note that digital maps do NOT include the color photos or route descriptions included in the paper maps. You’ll need to download the Avenza app to use the digital versions of our Backcountry Ski Maps – they are not viewable on a PC or elsewhere outside of the Avenza app. **
Area of Coverage