This easy-to-use map covers the Carson Pass area just South of Lake Tahoe, from Powderhouse Peak down to Round Top and Deadwood Peak, including the lift-accessed backcountry around Kirkwood (see below for a zoomable map with the full area of coverage).
Route information, including suggested approaches and descents, is marked on a large scale 1:25,000 map, to help you make the most out of every day in the Carson Pass backcountry. The map is accompanied on the back by a self-contained field-guide which shows photos and gives detailed descriptions of some of the most worthy descents, making it easy to find the best trips for any conditions.
Descents of all varieties – from killer couloirs to wide open glades – are all covered, so that you can find the run that’s right for you, whether you’re a a hardened veteran or a beginner tourer.
- 90+ descents ranging from classics to rarely-skied lines
- Suggested ascent routes to get you up the hill as efficiently as possible
- Field-guide to the best descents complete with color photos
- Waterproof, tear-resistant so you never have to worry about damaging your map
- Fits in your pocket – the map folds down to 4.25″ x 9″
- Highly detailed with 40ft contour lines
- Easily readable with a 1:25,000 scale
Area of Coverage